The new elevators of the main building

After many years of loyal service, the elevators of the main building were in need of replacement because they were the oldest in the hospital. One of them was even a real antique dating from 1937!

Work started in May 2008 and should be completed by the Holidays. They include the installation of four new stainless steel booths equipped with state of the art control boards made in Québec, as well as renovations to the engines and the winches.

In addition to providing energy savings and greater reliability, these new devices will contribute to the comfort and safety of patients, staff and visitors of St. Mary’s Hospital Center.

Share