The DCECS offers a wide range of services to the hospital and research staff in order to encourage poeple to implement their own projects, and to learn about the work of their colleagues.
Collaboration and consulting offerred to hospital personnel who wish to conduct research projects :
- Planning a research project
- Designing questionnaires and data collection forms
- Preparation of consent forms
- Statistical analysis and interpretation of results
- Preparing an article for publication
Review of hospital research
All research conducted at the Hospital, funded or unfunded, must be registered with the Research Review Office at (514) 345-3511 ext 3698 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Research Ethics Committee meets monthly to review ethical and scientific aspects of research protocols. Conducts program of ongoing monitoring of approved protocols
- Review of budget and research staff contracts is coordinated with Finance and Human Resources
- Manual of Research Policies and Procedures available in the Department.
- Research seminars, held twice a month
- Special workshops can be arranged
- Staff are available to participate in rounds, journal clubs, critical assessment of published articles, and other educational activities
- Information on sources of funding for research
- References books and materials on research methods
To be put on the mailing list for seminars, to make an appointment for a consultation, or for further information, contact the Department Secretary at (514) 345-3511 ext. 5060 or by email at email@example.com